Super Valentine's Day Gift

I opened my card from Dale and he had written "Let's go get your new sewing machine." Yeah! So we drove to Oregon to A Common Thread so I could get my Bernina 440QE. Unfortunately, it had to be ordered so I will make another trip to pick it up. So I have a week to get my studio organized so my new Bernina has a good home and I can get to work quilting some tops I have ready. I have been working on it for several weeks but need to kick it gear. I have wanted this machine for a long time. I drooled over someone else's Bernina at Enchanted Freedom 2001 and then had an opportunity to use the 440QE at Northwest Quilting Expo last September. I was hooked. I had never machine quilted before and was able to just like that. It was amazing. I test drove the Pfaff Expression 4.0 but didn't feel it was as easy to machine quilt. I felt like I was forcing it while the Bernina made it easy. So now I wait for the call that my machine is here.

0 comments:

What I'm Doing

    follow me on Twitter